[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Reception and Customer Service Skills: Course Outline : Participants attending this training course will gain skills and confidence in all main aspects of front-desk reception activities.
Including the following topics:
Image and Presentation – The Company’s and Yours:
- Understand the importance of creating a positive and professional first impression on phone callers and visitors.
- Discuss personal presentation and grooming, as well as maintaining a professional image for the reception area.
- Communication Skills:
- Analyze how we are perceived when we communicate, and what contributes to positive speech and body language behaviors.
- Understand the benefits of asking questions in providing customer service.
- Investigate a variety of questioning styles to achieve specific outcomes.
- Employ paraphrasing skills to ensure accuracy of understanding.
- Develop listening skills, and look into what creates barriers to our listening and how to overcome these issues.
- Identify behaviors for building rapport.
- Investigate and refine techniques for greeting and transferring callers, and putting people on hold.
- Discuss how to take messages, and what information is necessary for maximum effectiveness.
- Utilize guidelines for general telephone etiquette.
- Identify effective methods of deflecting sales and marketing phone calls, balancing courtesy and assertiveness.
- Generating Customer Loyalty:
- Understand it takes more than ‘satisfaction’ to generate customer loyalty.
- Realize the impact of word-of-mouth communication by dissatisfied and delighted customers.
- Consider the distinction between ‘service process’ and ‘service outcome’, including tips on improving the customer’s experience of both.
- Identify the ‘Impression Points’ of your business, and how to enhance them.
- Consider the effects of meeting (and exceeding) customer expectations.
- Learn techniques for responding to customers’ complaints, upset or anger, to ensure a positive outcome for the customer, and for you.
- Recognize what is required for the perception of service excellence.
- Adopt a practical process for managing appointments and tasks in a systematic and consistent way.